The current FAFF members are all pretty familiar with this, but it's worth adding as a Tip for any future new members joining FAFF.
This is the method we use when we are selling something to one of our neighbours and we want to be sure it doesn't get picked up by the wrong person......either accidentally or on purpose.....if you regularly sell nice stuff, you will acquire "stalkers", usually known as Followers on Hayday.
If I am selling a cheesecake, or a bottle of carrot juice, or a few tomatoes to a neighbour, I usually just drop it into any of the boxes of my roadside shop, and don't worry about the Safe Selling method too much, as the item is pretty easily replaced if it gets taken by someone else. But if I am selling any kind of tools, building materials, or hard to find items......or if I am doing a trade......or if I am selling something at a really low price, then I want to,be sure it gets into the right hands, and I will use this method. Of course you could use it all the time if you wanted to.
In the chat room you will arrange the sale between seller and buyer, and then indicate you will be placing it in your shop. Phrases like "come on over" are commonly used....the buyer replies with "On my way"
* Use the last box in your shop
* Put in an item at 1coin.....usually this is 1 wheat, but could be anything
* Make sure that you uncheck the advertise box....you do not want this being advertised in the newspaper.
* The buyer then buys your 1c item from your last box......this way you know that the buyer is in your shop ready.
* The buyer then keeps tapping on the last box repeatedly until the sale item is loaded. This minimises the risk of someone else grabbing it. We've done some testing, and it can take anything up to 5 seconds for the item to appear in the buyer's view, after it is loaded by the seller, so keep tapping the last box. But sometimes it appears instantaneously!
* The seller waits until the 1c item is bought, and then loads the main sale item into the same box, the last one. And remember, again, to uncheck the advertise box.....you definitely do not want it to go in the newspaper!
I have never lost a sale item using this method.
Good luck, Frenchie0z